**Disclosure: I am working with CocoaVia to develop various recipes using their Daily Cocoa Extract Supplement packets. I received their product in exchange for recipes and blog posts. All opinions are my own.**
Did ya miss me? I really didn’t mean to disappear on you guys like that, but the last 2 weeks have been overwhelming, physically and emotionally. I have gone through I think every emotion possible in two weeks and quite honestly, as much as I wanted to write about everything, I knew it just wasn’t the right time. I just needed some time to decompress and gather my thoughts and just have some much needed “me time” during the last stretch of the school year.
But, I am happy to say that today is officially my first day of summer! Woohoo! And it couldn’t have come at a better time! I’m so excited for this summer – we have so many exciting things happening, including a trip to California in a few weeks for my cousin’s wedding and watching our house be built! And it’s coming right along! I can’t wait to see it take shape this summer! And to finally move in in early to mid- September!
But besides trips and our house, there are a ton of other things we want to get done this summer. And since we are living at Casa de Parents, we actually don’t have any housework to do (OK, besides the normal chores and stuff). So, I present to you…
1. Feed the goats at Grant’s Farm – we’ve been talking this one up to MacKenna and she is so excited to give the goats a bottle!
3. Go to the Museum of Transportation – this will be the first time for ALL of us to go there. Oh yeah, and they have a train…
4. Get a picture with Minnie Mouse (or any Disney character for that matter) at DisneyLand – we lucked out two years ago and just happened to run in to Minnie on her way out, but this time will be better since MacKenna LOVES Minnie! But, we’ll go for any Disney character since she knows them all.
5. Go to a waterpark – both local and on a trip (we’re racing in a few weeks at White Water in Branson, so this is a no brainer).
6. Take a day trip to Springfield, Illinois – and rub Lincoln’s nose! I’ve been but Matt hasn’t, plus it’s a place where we can try some new food!
7. Make pizza on the grill – since we have one thanks to my ‘rents. If anyone has a good recipe, let me know!
8. Potty train MacKenna – this is starting today. I will of course share details later, but just know that we are taking our time with this.
9. Transition MacKenna to a big girl bed – the goal is to have her sleeping in a big girl bed by the time we move in September. I refuse to put up a crib just to take it back down not long after.
10. Make popsicles with MacKenna – because nothing is better than a popsicle on a hot summer day!
Our summer is about 10 weeks long, so we are looking at about 1 Bucket List item per week. I actually got a jump start on crossing one off of our bucket list last night by making some popsicles!
OK, so I didn’t make them with MacKenna – I waited until she went down for her nap to make them, but since these are the easiest popsicles ever, there wasn’t much she would get to do in order to help. All you need is…
16 ounces coconut water (any flavor, or even just plain ol’ water will work well too)
1 packet of Cran-Raspberry CocoaVia
If you have popsicle molds, go ahead and use them, but Dixie cups with popsicle sticks (or plastic baby spoons) work just as well
All you have to do pour the packet into the coconut water, give it a little shake-a-shake-a, and pour into the popsicle molds. If you’re using Dixie cups, you need to let the popsicles freeze for about an hour before placing the popsicle sticks (or spoons) in the cups. The popsicles take about 3-4 hours to freeze but will depend on the size of your molds.
Kenna definitely approves – and so did Mama! They are low in calories (only 60 calories if you use just water – and not much more when using coconut water) and the CocoaVia provides you with your daily dose of flavanols, helping with your cardiovascular health as well! They are the perfect treat for a hot summer day, or a great post-run snack that will help you rehydrate faster. I’d say they are a great alternative to the sugary popsicles you find at the supermarket!
Wanna try them for yourself? Now you can! One lucky reader will win a box of Cran-Raspberry CocoaVia daily supplement packets! You can enter through the Rafflecopter giveaway below. Giveaway ends Friday, June 6 at 11:59 PM. I will announce the winner on Monday, June 9. Good luck!