I’m a day late but HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I know EVERYONE is doing this, but I figured I might as well share my “resolutions” for 2013 also. I hate calling them resolutions. I really even hate having year long goals. While a year goes by dang fast, it’s still way too long for my liking. I like shorter goals – monthly or even weekly goals. But, starting with those long term goals really helps me nail down what I want to do each month or week to accomplish my long term goals.
So, here they are: MY GOALS FOR 2013 (subject to change).
Fitness + Running
- Set a PR in at least 1 distance (5K, 10K, Half Marathon, etc.)
- Do ONE unassisted pull-up (there is absolutely NO excuse why I can’t do this!)
- Run at least 6 races this year (already registered for GO! St. Louis again!)
Career + Blog
- Build myself professionally to become a better teacher and coach
- Become more assertive in both career and blogging
- Blog at least 2-3 times per week (Woohoo! Mission accomplished this week!)
- Build my “brand” and get my name out into the blog world more
- Do at least one thing from Pinterest each month
- Keep a cleaning/chore schedule
- Budget and save money each month
- Complete at least ONE big home improvement (new deck, siding, new carpet, basement, kitchen, etc.)
- Read to MacKenna every day (I’m sad to say this suffered greatly this past year)
- Put cell phones away from the time we get home until MacKenna is in bed
- Have a date night once per month (with a babysitter)
I don’t think any of these are too outrageous or difficult to accomplish. I’m hoping that it will at least keep me accountable. I think my hardest ones will be the Home goals. I love being organized but after a long, hard day at work, I get really super lazy. I need to be better at this!
Bring it, 2013!
What are your New Year’s goals/resolutions? How do you keep yourself accountable with keeping them?