**Disclosure: This post is part of a campaign for ALIVE Magazine. I was selected to create a post featuring these 7 brands. I was compensated for this post, however, all opinions are my own.**
With having a baby just 6 short weeks ago and struggling to get back into pre-baby shape while preventing the baby blues and postpartum depression, I’ve really needed to focus on what I can do to maintain my body, mind, and spirit this year. Thankfully, I live in a community that can help me make that happen. St. Louis is an up-and-coming place for health and fitness, with plenty of trails, fitness centers, and brands for an active and healthy lifestyle. Here are 6 up + coming STL fitness leaders to help you maintain you body and mind in 2015:
1. Fit Snack & Taste Guru. I’m a sucker for monthly subscriptions where good-for-you stuff is sent to your door without having to leave the house. Fit Snack & Taste Guru are just that – monthly subscription boxes that you get for $20. They send you 6-9 healthy snacks (valued at over $30) each month that are as good as they are good for you! While Fit Snack focuses on healthy snacks, Taste Guru represents the gluten-free community with a box full of gluten-free goodies! I can’t wait to stock my desk drawer full of them when I return to work next month! (PS – If you use the links above to subscribe to a box, you also get a FREE tote bag with your box!)
2. Burn 1000. This one is right up my alley and I cannot wait to go try it! Burn 1000 features a combination of treadmill intervals and strength training. But, this is not just any treadmill – it’s a treadmill that can go up to a 30% incline, giving you the most burn for your buck. The mixture of treadmill incline intervals and strength training on the floor can help you burn up to 1000 calories in a single class. And the best part is that you can determine how much you exert yourself – if you can’t run or do more than a 5% incline, that’s perfectly OK. This will be a killer class!
3. Urban Breath Yoga. PiYo has really gotten me back into wanting to do more yoga – I absolutely LOVE warrior poses and anything that really pushes my body in a different way. Urban Breath Yoga just recently opened in Maplewood and offers 40 drop-in classes each week, from beginner yogis (like myself) to the most advanced yogi. Plus, they offer workshops, yoga teacher training, and prenatal classes. Another place I can’t wait to check out!
4. Dragonfly Fitness + Training. Compared to Burn 1000 and Urban Breath Yoga, Dragonfly Fitness offers a mixture of different fitness classes, from TRX to Boxing to the new + popular Surfset. This month, they are offering a “Love to Train” package for new clients that includes 10 sessions, their Success Guide, a t-shirt, and a Super Skoop Sampler Pack for just $150. If you use the code ALIVE, you can get $15 off that price as well! They had me at Surfset…
5. Dimvaloo Active Living. As a PE teacher, y’all know I spend 24/7 in workout clothes. And Dimvaloo is a great place for not only clothes for my job but for my active lifestyle as well. They are the exclusive retailer in St. Louis for the Lorna Jane Brand. I’m dying to get my legs into these Bold Blooms Full Length Tight for cold weather running the next few months and this Be All In T-Shirt for work or the gym or just lounging around the house!
6. American Image Salon. As much as fitness is my “me time”, sometimes I really need to pamper myself a little bit. This is really the way to nurture my soul as I need that relaxation in my life. American Image Salon is a full service salon and spa, offering everything from hair and nails to massages. There’s a little something for everyone! Mama could use a massage…
How are you maintaining your mind + body this year?