I was sitting in the salon the other day waiting to get my haircut when I received an email from Britt over at Britt’s Running Style saying that she nominated me for a Liebster Award. The Liebster Award is given to bloggers who have less than 200 followers by another blogger who sees them as a blogger who is “up-and-coming.”
I actually think I did this same little survey type thing a few years ago before I really had any followers whatsoever and this wasn’t an “award” for being a blogger. But, I think it’s a great opportunity for us smaller blogs to give recognition to other people we feel our readers should be reading. I also love the fact that it helps you get to know me better.
- List 11 random facts about myself
- Answer 11 questions that Britt wrote for me
- Nominate 11 other bloggers
- Create 11 questions for my nominees
- Display the Liebster Award badge
Random Facts About Me
1. I am scared of pretty much everything, although I try not to show my fear. My 2 biggest fears are things that make loud, sudden popping noises (balloons, fireworks, guns, etc.) and falling (even when there is no height involved). I am scared that I will eventually not be able to leave my bed because I’m so scared of everything.
2. I am a fairly introverted person and socially awkward. It takes a lot for me to open up to someone. I would also rather die than do any public speaking. Teaching KIDS doesn’t count…
3. Along those same lines, I get embarrassed really easily. I am actually embarrassed to tell people I have a blog. Sure, I write all about my life, but writing is totally different than talking, right?!
4. I was a competitive volleyball player for 8 years and am now a high school (junior varsity) coach. However, I would much rather play volleyball than coach it.
5. I am extremely competitive. I don’t like to play games because I absolutely hate to lose. I won’t play PE games with my classes because I will quit if I’m not winning. Great way to teach sportsmanship, right?!
6. I still have no idea what I want to do when I grow up. I know that I want to be in the fitness industry but I don’t think I’ve really found my calling in this field yet.
7. I can still do a nearly perfect cartwheel even though I haven’t tumbled since 7th grade. I used to be able to do a no-handed cartwheel but I’m too scared to even try to do it now.
8. I’ve broken both my hands playing sports. On my right hand, I broke my pinky and ring fingers playing soccer in 6th grade after I was push and fell. I actually dislocated my ring finger when this happened. I broke my left thumb while playing powder puff football my junior year of high school. My parents didn’t believe that I broke it and wouldn’t take me to the doctor. I think we finally went 3 or 4 days after it happened.
9. I actually love cold weather and would move to Colorado in a heartbeat. I would much rather be cold than hot.
10. Yesterday marked 6 years since I graduated college. My 10 year high school reunion is in August. I had lunch with some friends yesterday where all we talked about were mortgages, real estate, and our kids. When did I get old?! Funny, since I still get mistaken for a student in the halls. Keep in mind, I teach middle school…
11. I want to collect athletic shoes. I want to own a pair of shoes in every color so I can color coordinate every single day. I need to make more money before I can even consider doing that though.
Britt’s Questions for Me
1. What is your favorite: treadmill, road, or trail? Road for sure. I’ve done one trail race and I’m way to scared of falling to run fast.
2. What do you have planned for races this coming year? I am running the Ferguson Twilight Run in 2 weeks. I don’t really plan out a race schedule, just in case something comes up. I don’t like to be out money!
3. Do you have a big or small family? I am the youngest of 2, as is Matt. However, my mom is the oldest of 5 and my dad the 2nd of 3. Each of their siblings has at least 2 kids, some of them 5, so I have a TON of cousins! I absolutely LOVE both sides of my huge family!
4. Where did you grow up and what did you love about your town? I grew up in St. Charles, Missouri and only live about 10 miles from my childhood home now. I absolutely LOVE the historic Main Street there and still go there to shop and eat frequently. It’s a big small town. I almost always see someone I know any place I go.
5. What is your favorite color? Purple! My PE whistle is actually purple!
6. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Depends on how much time I have or how lazy I’m feeling. I ALWAYS untie my running shoes, but my school shoes I usually slip off.
7. What kind of music do you listen to and who is your favorite band/artist? I listen to mostly pop music, but anything really, especially if I can sing to it. Ben Folds is and always will be my favorite artist.
8. How far have you travelled from home for business or pleasure? I went to Hawaii on a choir trip in high school. Best. Choir Tour. Ever.
9. Who is your favorite actor/actress? I really don’t know. I don’t watch a ton of movies. I really like Reese Witherspoon but she’s had some issue lately…
10. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? If I could go back to school and money/time/family wasn’t an issue, I think I would either become an RD or a chiropractor. I still might one day, just not right now…
11. When you have 30 minutes of free time, how do you pass the time? I usually read blogs, clean, or catch up on recorded TV shows.
11 Questions for My Nominees
1. What do you want be when you “grow up”?
2. What is your favorite sport to play or watch?
3. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
4. What is your favorite pair of shoes (athletic or non-athletic)?
5. What bones have you broken and how did you break them?
6. What is your favorite book or movie of all time?
7. Are you introverted or extroverted?
8. Besides blogging, what other hobbies do you have?
9. Do you have any hidden talents?
10. How far away do you live from your childhood home?
11. What is your favorite dessert?
OK, so that’s only 7. Like Britt said, it’s really hard to find smaller blogs! But, these ladies are all very deserving and I really think you should go read their blogs! I apologize if (a) you have more than 200 followers and (b) you’ve already been nominated (I don’t get many of those 30 minute periods to read blogs). Enjoy!
Pick a question and answer it in the comments. And please plug your blog! If you don’t comment, I don’t know that you read my blog – and I try to add all my followers’ blogs to my feed, so PLEASE let me know you’re out there!